MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Must have functions in Mybb 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I'm owner and moderator of many forums like <snip - no copyright> etc.
I think users will love these features:
1. Mobile edition : must have better functions than mybbGoMobile (because it doesnot have functions like avatar editing, though i edited it and made it possible on my forum grandcodes.org)
2. Plugin n theme uploader: a function allowing uploads of .zip themes n plugins (there is a plugin but that not support themes)
3. Easy Group legends and Promotions.
4. Post2access vip forum zones (there is a plugin but works only with 1.4)
5. Spam bots protector
6. Icons for each forum like in phpbb (i modded my themes by tutorial of Yeldaram but it must be simple for other users)
1. For this you are right!
2. This too!
3. And this too!
4. You already have a VIP Membership plugin!
5. MyBB 2.0 will already have SpamNinja, a new way to protect your forum from spam!
6. For this you are right!
1) Its already confirmed that MyBB 2.0 will have mobile integration (see confirmed features in MYBB 2.0 sticky).
2) Would love to see it. Most people suggest this, but we haven't had any confirmation from MyBB team.
3) I don't think the current system is difficult. Its one of the easiest in all Forum softwares i tried.
4) There is a plugin for that. Might be good if its integrated as a default feature.
5) MyBB 1.6.5 will have Spam Ninja. You don't have to wait till 2.0 to get spam protection. Toungue
6) Nope. It would increase page loading time. Should stay as a plugin.
@naroku :
thx bro
@kavin: dear 6th point is must have becuase it gives awesome look to forum, access my own forum <snip - no copyright> Wink
and vip membership is boring n slow it wrks on pm, not auto update
(2011-11-01, 02:54 PM)yashmahala Wrote: [ -> ]@kavin: dear 6th point is must have becuase it gives awesome look to forum, access my own forum <snip - no copyright> Wink
It may be a must have for you but not all forum owners will want this, personally i don't see the need for such a thing.
and if it really was a must have feature then surely the paid software would be using them(ipb,xen,vb) i don't see this on any of the forums running these, just my personal opinion.
(2011-11-01, 02:54 PM)yashmahala Wrote: [ -> ]@naroku :
thx bro
@kavin: dear 6th point is must have becuase it gives awesome look to forum, access my own forum www.grandcodes.org Wink
and vip membership is boring n slow it wrks on pm, not auto update

Hmm. I don't see separate icons for each forum in your Forum. Huh
post2access sounds like a basic group promotion situation.
I think the dev's are more interested in taking suggestions from those that keep the MyBB copyright.