MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have some idea to make better attachment for 2.0

1- add resume ability to attachment ( more inf )

2- add Popup window for upload many attach. (not in post or reply page)

3- add remote Upload (URL Upload) for attach.
somebody with Low-speed Connection have many problem when they want to Upload HD Image or Upload file mass 2-3 MB.

4- set watermark for image attachment

5- Can Set Permission for each Filetype.
Like : I Want can access to Guest for Download Only Image Attachment. not ZIP or PDF or ...

Thanks.
Nobody want these ?
Attachments are suppose to be simple, just upload and share, imo.
The MyBB attachments system could certainly use improvements though. I use my own attachments system for XThreads because there are plenty of issues with MyBB's system.

1: definitely
2: some Javascript type uploader could be an alternative, but otherwise it's an improvement to user design
3: possibly, would be nice at least
4: should be plugin
5: I think it's probably better as a plugin rather than to have such granular permissions control, although I do find it annoying that you can't view full size images if you don't have permission to view attachments...
(2011-11-04, 12:24 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Attachments are suppose to be simple, just upload and share, imo.

Absolutely your problem is less than me because :
1- probably you have High speed internet and don't need remote Upload
2- You Are live in a free country and use public sharing site like rapidshare , mediafire , flicker , tinypic , imageshack , ....
but in some country like china , iran , .... people don't access to this site.

and because some of this ability is connected directly to Core , Plugin is not good choice and exclude 5 plugin can't do anything.

thank you Yumi for your post