MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL hack to reset all forum permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had no idea that modifying a forum would affect all child forums. Whoops Sad

Anyway, what I was planning on was to restrict members to only posting in sub-forums and not in the forums themselves.

When I restricted the forums, they were restricted everywhere else. And with over 50 sub forums, it's going to be too time consuming.

This also disabled attachment posting by members

Is there an SQL hack I can run?
(2011-11-03, 03:29 AM)techtubemedia Wrote: [ -> ]I had no idea that modifying a forum would affect all child forums. Whoops Sad

Anyway, what I was planning on was to restrict members to only posting in sub-forums and not in the forums themselves.

When I restricted the forums, they were restricted everywhere else. And with over 50 sub forums, it's going to be too time consuming.

This also disabled attachment posting by members

Is there an SQL hack I can run?
Any1? *bump*
Help? Im sorry for bumping so often, but I really need insight on this
The tables you need to look at are mybb_forums, mybb_forumpermissions, and mybb_usergroups.

mybb_forums.pid is the forum id of the forum's parent. The field parent_list is a comma-separated list of ids for this forum's lineage. You can use either of these two fields to discover which forums were affected by your permission updates.

mybb_usergroups lets you convert group names to group ids.

mybb_forumpermissions map a forum (fid) to a group (gid). This table has fields for all the standard permissions.

You should be able to create an SQL statement to do a mass permission update. Don't forget to update your permission cache in the ACP after running SQL statements Wink
I wish I knew what to do with that :] I don't know sql statements

Thanks for your post though :]
for restore DB old IN mybb new - What should I do ?

I have a database with 80 MB
Mybb is installed on the host

in phpmyadmin i cant import DB
please say steps import DB in Phpmyadmin ?

Character set of the file : utf-8 ?

Allow the interruption of an import in case the script detects it is close to the PHP timeout limit. (This might be good way to import large files, however it can break transactions.) click or unclick ?

Number of rows to skip, starting from the first row : What number?

Format: SQL

SQL compatibility mode: None ?

Do not use AUTO_INCREMENT for zero valuesDocumentation: click or unclick ?

http://1.lped.comule.com/images/bd39eae38511.jpg

Can I just flush the permissions table?

If not, what's the exact operation I run?
TRUNCATE TABLE `mybb_forumpermissions`
?
I tried truncating Sad, nothing...

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'membertest'

Any other ideas?