MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible malware on my forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's an issue you'd have to sort out with your host. Yes, it could be caused by the code but chances are it's an issue on their end.

See [MySQL Dev:gone-away] for more information.
Edit : not seen Malcolm.'s above response Smile

of course, that error is host related ;

AND config.php need not be writeable ; Also take care that complex passwords are used for
the admin panel, ftp, web host's control panel ... make it a habit to check error logs on the server ..
Thanks. Still it's a bit strange, because the forum is now lightning fast while the front page is constantly unable to connect to MySQL or really slowly (while it's the same server/database).

We'll see what the host comes up with. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: yeah, I have very secure passwords on all admin accounts and host accounts. Might start changing them every month or so. Just in case Smile
(2011-11-03, 09:11 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]AND you may also have to check /inc/config.php for any malicious code (though it appears to be not writeable)

Btw, should I change the password to the database or create a new database name and new user (and importing a backup to the new database)? Because clearly there has been malicious code injected into the inc/config.php file, which also has the MySQL database/username/password data for database access.
Pages: 1 2