MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for "Dice Roller"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-11-05, 03:47 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I see it as smart. $10/yr to download everything?

It's a one-time $10 fee not yearly. Just to make note of that.

For your site, I'm not a member Wink
Some are yearly. Mine is. Of course, mine is only $7 too...
As for your dice roller... here it is:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/dymy-dice

Enjoy.
(2011-11-05, 05:19 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]As for your dice roller... here it is:

Enjoy.

WOW Dylan! Very appreciated, will try Big Grin
(2011-11-05, 06:01 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-05, 05:19 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]As for your dice roller... here it is:

Enjoy.

Only took about 10 minutes... most of which was spent figuring out the hooks Toungue
Oh, I forgot to mention, this has one minor annoying quirk:
If you use quick edit to add a new die roll, it doesn't show the results until you refresh the page. They're in the db, but not in the text as saved back into the post. I may or may not bother finding the trick to fixing this Toungue
Oh well, I do not that as a big deal, and yes there is very few code, maybe I can learn something from it :p, thanks again.
(2011-11-05, 02:53 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-05, 06:01 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]

Enjoy.

Only took about 10 minutes... most of which was spent figuring out the hooks Toungue

Thank you, so so much! This helps me a lot!
For some reason I can't roll multiple times with different results—for example, if I roll for three different events using 1d6 in one post, all the results end up the same. Is there an easy fix for this?

What about adding a modifier? Ex: 1d6+11

Sorry to be a bother! I'm using this for a combat system in a play-by-post format and being able to do multiple rolls in one post and adding modifiers as needed will definitely help to streamline things...
(2011-11-19, 12:47 AM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I can't roll multiple times with different results—for example, if I roll for three different events using 1d6 in one post, all the results end up the same. Is there an easy fix for this?

It most assuredly does do different results for each of the 3. You may get a post where they're all the same by pure luck... but it will not happen every time.

(2011-11-19, 12:47 AM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]What about adding a modifier? Ex: 1d6+11

Sorry to be a bother! I'm using this for a combat system in a play-by-post format and being able to do multiple rolls in one post and adding modifiers as needed will definitely help to streamline things...

Yes, I can add modifiers. I'll do that now, expect an update momentarily.
(2011-11-19, 01:01 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-19, 12:47 AM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I can't roll multiple times with different results—for example, if I roll for three different events using 1d6 in one post, all the results end up the same. Is there an easy fix for this?

It most assuredly does do different results for each of the 3. You may get a post where they're all the same by pure luck... but it will not happen every time.

I've tested it numerous times, and it keeps getting the same results on every post where there are multiple rolls, no matter how many there are. Sad I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling...

edit: I've deactivated, replaced the file, et cetera and there's still no variation in results.

(2011-11-19, 01:01 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-19, 12:47 AM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]What about adding a modifier? Ex: 1d6+11

Yes, I can add modifiers. I'll do that now, expect an update momentarily.

Awesome, thank you very much!
Pages: 1 2 3 4