MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Needed!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to use the vBulletin Nav Bar at the top of the page. This is all the coding that I Copied and Pasted:

*Removed copyrighted code excerpt*

I got this error in return:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /usr/home/users/23/masterdarts/www/metalcommunity.pandela.org/forums/global.php(266) : eval()'d code on line 43

Can someone tell me what I did wrong? Thank you.

-Dark CMX
-President of Metal MP3's Inc.
Did you change the actual global.php file?

If you want to add something to the top of every page, put it in the "header_include" template, or the "header" template...
I put this in the "header" template.
Ah, well now that I have read it through it is because you are using VB php variables which don't exist in MyBB.

Some examples are "$vbphrase[go_to_page]" and "$vbphrase[user_control_panel]".

These are array variables and since you haven't called the array in the global.php, it will output errors. I suggest you ask someone to make a mod for the VB nav bar, instead of just copying code across...because that will never work.
Hi,
Where did you get this navbar code come from?
I guess from VB...
Yeah, I got it from the Demo that vBulletin offers.
The MyBB group does not allow or condone the use of third party copyrighted scripts or excerpts without first obtaining written permission from the source.

I have closed this thread. If you feel I have made a mistake, or if you have obtained proper permissions, please PM me.