MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customizing my homepage entirely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys Big Grin

I want to customize my forum home something like this :

[Image: redraft.png]

Which is easier method ?
  • Editing portal page ?
  • Or creating HTML page and pulling content from forum ?

If second option seems good, then please answer me :

1. How shall I put login box ?
2. I think I have to move my forum, from xyz.com to xyz.com/forum
3. How shall I put active threads in sidebar ? Thread title, author & one line content is enough
4. How shall I put posts with content, in middle ? somthing what portal does. My forum is about books. Hence the main page will be displaying book reviews. It should show first three posts of book review section & some 100 words from the content.

Thank you Big Grin
using a portal could be more easier for you.
i just started again making my own themes for mybb Toungue
and creating one from scratch isnt hard tho... but u need to know php sql etc real good.
i wish you good luck and let me know if have it done Big Grin would like to see it
Oh how do I edit portal ? Can those HTML boxes can be added ? And also do I have to edit portal.php ? Thank you Big Grin
you need to edit portal page to your liking and the css for portal...
but i forgot to ask you... the dropdown? how are u going to do that (u can do that in the header ofcource) ? u going to use jquery or ....?

ill look into the portal mod... to be honest i dont really remember...

do u have a link to your site ?
(2011-11-05, 09:50 AM)cookiemonster Wrote: [ -> ]you need to edit portal page to your liking and the css for portal...
You portal.php page I guess ?

(2011-11-05, 09:50 AM)cookiemonster Wrote: [ -> ]but i forgot to ask you... the dropdown? how are u going to do that (u can do that in the header ofcource) ? u going to use jquery or ....?
Yeah Smile

(2011-11-05, 09:50 AM)cookiemonster Wrote: [ -> ]ill look into the portal mod... to be honest i dont really remember...

do u have a link to your site ?
Yes. No portal is being used now :

readersenclave.com

I have installed Pro Portal plugin.

and Thank you Smile
BUMP Big Grin