MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some SQL problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was up to delete Duplicate posts and i am success but the real problem came up on SQL.

I want to change the value of mybb_posts > Structure > AUTO_INCREMENT it's give me error

Error
SQL query:

ALTER TABLE  `mybb_posts` CHANGE  `pid`  `pid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

MySQL said: 

#1075 - Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key 

but in original mybb_posts > Structure > AUTO_INCREMENT it's fine can any one explain what i should do ??

screen shoot

[Image: QHQsJ.jpg]

ok let me explain what did i actually do

To remove duplicate post i write a sql query

CREATE TABLE mybb_postsx as
SELECT * FROM mybb_posts WHERE 1 GROUP BY subject;

all duplicate post was remove but the thread was there so i write down again this

CREATE TABLE mybb_threadsx as
SELECT * FROM mybb_threads WHERE 1 GROUP BY subject;

the thread also removed then i run Recount & Rebuild every think become perfect but when i post something it's show the thread name but there was no post created i have look in to the database the post have submitted and saved but the PID and TID was 0 .. i look back to the old table and the value settings i found the AUTO_INCREMENT disabled on my new table .. can any one please light my path ???
A thread and a post subject may not be the same.

Your method is flawed imho.

Use a backup.
i all ready did .. is there no way to remove this duplicate's posting