MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install stuck on Avatar Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Trying to install new 1.6.4 on Godaddy using filezilla. Godaddy is 5.2 PHP. Server is setup correct.
I get to the point of the system requirements and have done the CHMOD to 77 on the uploads/avatar and 777 on the uploads/, everytime I recheck I get the error:
Error

The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

I am so stuck, I have tried to change the avatar to 777 but I get an error that says it cannot complete and does not change it, I have even tried it on the godaddy cpanel and I get the same basic error. Any help would be appreciated, I hope I was thorough enough on my question, I have searched everywhere I could and no luck, any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks
Steve
Oh yeah, when I try on godaddy cpanel, I get it to say it changed it successfully, the gives me the error of " cannot read directory" and fails.
Thanks
Steve
ok tried another thing and godaddy cannot even read the avatar directory, do i have to add something here? I usually can figure this stuff out but boy am I stuck!
Maybe if you get error on CHMOD its a GoDaddy's server issue, try contacting them.
honestly, I just fixed it and I dont know what I did, I like to be able to post fixes for other users, but it just worked, woohoo!!