MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Feedback of my Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Admins, I did not want to post this thread into the Website Showcase section seeming as i do not want to advertise my forum yet, i only want to get feedback.

Alright lads. I got to be quick, need to go out.

I am currently developing a forum @ www.mmogamer.co.uk which is a forum for people which is mostly interested in gaming and learning new things within the computing category. We hold separate forums for Computing, Coding/Programming, Gaming, Graphics, Web Design and Marketing.

I need some feedback, browse through the site and tell me what i could improve on. I am looking for negatives here, but also some positives Smile

The forum is currently not launched yet, but feel free to make a account. I have to make a few tweaks to the forum which i currently know of.

I know there are a lot of forums which are pretty much exactly the same as this one, but i also learn from making these forums as i do study ICT at college and plus i like doing it. i am willing to put the effort into making it successful.

Need the Feedback Lads!

Also, currently recruiting moderators for the forum. PM me for more information.
Hi there you need to move this into the showcase here, that way you get more attention and feedback. Forum looks good so far by the way Smile

-Lee
Change the launch date from 21/11 to 21 November, 2011, or November 21, 2011. 4/10

"REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed." This sounds much better to me, "REGISTER or LOGIN to remove all advertising." 3/10

Your logo, the slogan below it, and all of the black and darker grays should be changed to livelier, entertaining and engaging colors. This will give your site much more appeal. 2/10

Several forums that are direct copy and paste from another MyBB forum.
Several (3/4) forum icon images missing, Graphics, Web Design, Marketing, Coding/Programming and computing shouldn't be your focus.

Focus purely on gaming.
Oh yeah, not to mention there are too many sites using this niche and it's unlikely your forum will get anywhere.
Also the the "Hacking" in your logo :@
Oh! My god. Just another Hackforums clone.
Same tabs, same Forums and same Forum descriptions. but the only difference is, HF is success and yours is FAIL.
Stupid. 0.5/10. Nobody wants to join a forum where the owner is too lazy to write up his own forum descriptions, and instead copies another forum.
(2011-11-10, 05:05 AM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid. 0.5/10. Nobody wants to join a forum where the owner is too lazy to write up his own forum descriptions, and instead copies another forum.
Search engines don't like this kind of website too and don't rank them high at all.
You can't advertise hacking in here.