MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: High CPU load...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My mybb seems to be very resource intensive when it comes to CPU. Every time someone access anything related to MyBB, like viewing a topic, it will peak at 100% CPU load. I was wondering if it was plugins/mods, so I disabled the plugins and replaced the original files with hard edits, it still does it. Anybody know what's up and why it would cause this?
Forum URL? Who's your host?
Do you have a shoutbox?
Hi there,
The Forum URL is http://www.chickentalk.org/forums/
The host is QuickWeb, I have a VPS server running basic LAMP (Ubuntu OS 10.04)
There is a chat room (not shout box) but I ensured it was disabled and nobody was in it when checking up on the issue.
Since you're on a VPS, could you please run top and post the output during one of these peak times. That way, we can see which process is actually causing the spike.
Hi euantor, and everyone else,
I'm beginning to think top (which ive been using to monitor my cpu) is just being stupid and it's not MyBB.

None of the apache processes show more than 2% CPU usage even when the cpu0 and cpu1 in top show 100%us so I'm getting skeptical of blaming it on MyBB, since I completely renamed the mybb folder so nobody could access it and it was still doing it.

I also install htop (sudo apt-get install htop on ubuntu) and watched it for a while, the CPUs would never go above 3% usage, so top is just acting really weird I think. (It's a VPS so they act funny with top i guess).

Anyway site performs fine, i was only worried about the top cpu usage readout.

Thanks for everything.