MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do I do next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sorry to be so darned ignorant but I'm just overwhelmed. Nothing I try is working. Here's where I'm at thus far.

I have the site visible www.woodbarter.com but do not know how to do anything. It looks like there's really no "obvious" way to make changes. Inside cpanel there's so much stuff but I don't know how to do anything. I cannot find even the slightest piece of information anywhere that tells someone who is at my stage how to make any kind of changes.

Either the tutorials are on installing or they are on complex issues above my head, but no "Getting started for dummies" once the site is loaded. I aklready have a spammer join my site and I'm not promoting it at all. I don't see anywhere that tells me how to ban his account. I don't see anywhere that shows me how to change any settings. I don't even see a basic "dashboard" or anything..

When I moderated the woodworking board we had vbulletin and it was so intuituve I guess I was expecting something like that but I don't have a clue where ANYTHING is with mybb. I'm compelety lost and don't even know what to ask. IS there any kind of instructions or tutorials that address "getting started" with the settings etc? Is there a "dashboard" or something somewhere that I can't find? Sad
Let me try asking something specific. Where is the Admin Control Panel located? How do I gain access to it?
Never mind. I figured it out. Dang this is frustrating I jacked around with this for 3 hours and didn't want to post another question, then after I do I figure it out within minutes.
When you login you'll see an "AdminCP" button. You really can't get any more intuitive then that.
Read the wiki if you need information on settings etc. http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Main_Page