MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CTRL + Click inconvenience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now on my forum whenever I CTRL+Click a thread, in the thread view, (to be able to open it in a new tab) it also loads the same thread in the existing tab (I CTRL+Click thread "A", thread "A" opens in a new tab but it also opens in the existing one.) This is really annoying when you want to open a dozen threads at one time.

How do I get rid of this?

I need to make it so whenever I CTRL+Click a thread it ONLY opens in a new tab while the exciting page stays the same.
which browser you are using ... why not use center button (scroll wheel button) for opening in new tab ...

Edit : just now I checked on your forum. I didn't face above referred problem (on firefox)
(2011-11-06, 07:04 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]which browser you are using ... why not use center button (scroll wheel button) for opening in new tab ...

Edit : just now I checked on your forum. I didn't face above referred problem (on firefox)

My laptop has only two buttons, left and right, I know everything works fine while clicking the middle button but that's not acceptable in my case. I'm using FF as well.
have you checked it on this community forums ... I guess its some issue with your browser / OS / laptop ...
This isn't anything to do with MyBB itself. It's your browser doing this.
What the f---, how can I change this then?
I'm only experiencing this on my forum, everything else is working fine for me.
It's because you have this on the <td> tag for each thread:

onclick="window.location='url-here'"

Of course it'll open in the same window too as you're telling it to. Ctrl + Click will open the link in the new tab, but as you're still clicking in the <td> tag, it triggers the onclick event too, which loads it in the same tab as well.
(2011-11-06, 10:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's because you have this on the <td> tag for each thread:

onclick="window.location='url-here'"

Of course it'll open in the same window too as you're telling it to. Ctrl + Click will open the link in the new tab, but as you're still clicking in the <td> tag, it triggers the onclick event too, which loads it in the same tab as well.

Okay. How can I get rid of this?
Well, it's not default, you're the one who's added it, so you'd know more than us, but it seems to be in the forumdisplay_thread template.
(2011-11-06, 10:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's not default, you're the one who's added it, so you'd know more than us, but it seems to be in the forumdisplay_thread template.

Thanks, getting rid of that code fixed the issue. +1.