MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need advice on how to get rid of the thread/post legends and one other issue please:)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary: Everything is added and explained in detail.
URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page: http://www.internet-marketing-forum.net/
New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?: Latest version.
Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue): If needed that is no problem.
Screenshot or error text, verbatim: Not needed as far as I can tell, if needed I can provide them easily. I have given out the URL to spot the problems mentioned within the thread.

I have a couple of problems I need help with here guys, I will really appreciate it if someone could help me out. The first thing is how can I get rid of the thread/post counts / Legend, and have them just for categories or have them popup on mouse over.

Lastly I installed a subscription plugin last night, I have added all the files where they should be the installation was pretty simple you can see it here:
Quote:root/myipn.php
root/subscribe.php
root/inc/plugins/myipn.php
root/inc/languages/english/myipn.lang.php
root/inc/languages/english/admin/user_myipn.lang.php
root/admin/modules/user/myipn.php
root/admin/modules/user/module_meta.php (This is a core mybb file but 1.4.1 and 1.4.0 has a bug so please replace with my fix. Mybb 1.4.2 should have this fixed as I reported the bug.)

2. Login to your admincp and ACTIVATE the plugin (MYIPN) in the plugin manager.

3. You will see the new menu item called "MYIPN" inside admincp settings as well as a new menu item under "Users and Groups".

4. Change the settings to suit your needs. You MUST have a premier or business paypal account for the email. The paypal email must also be the primary email address. Make sure to also set the uid for the PMs. If you have not already done so please setup a special group for your subscribers if you wish them to have special privileges.

You must enable IPN at Paypal as well. You can do so here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr...ipn-notify
You do not need a notify url. You can leave it blank but you must enable IPN.

5. Edit the language file to have the extra privileges for the subscriber group. It's an obvious edit inside root/inc/languages/english/myipn.lang.php (or the appropriate language if not english)

6. Edit your template wherever you want to link to the subscribe page. I recommend header and placing a toplink image.

I have added all files and then linked the paypal as directed, I have then created a new group and just called it "IMF Subscriber" for now.

I can see it's created the different settings from the back end. The funny thing is I am confused about is the part which is meant to be the most simple to implement with the:
Quote:Edit the language file to have the extra privileges for the subscriber group. It's an obvious edit inside root/inc/languages/english/myipn.lang.php (or the appropriate language if not english)

I am unsure about what a uid is to be honest, I have everything placed where it should be, other than the:
Quote:Edit your template wherever you want to link to the subscribe page. I recommend header and placing a toplink image.

What exactly do I need to add to the template, I have already placed a new subscribe icon into the theme icons folder, but how would I link the payment page with the new icon at the top header.

Sorry if this is some what long winded and confusing, I am pretty confused myself you see and just need some help. Smile

see this external link for removing on off icons

(2011-11-06, 09:10 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]see this external link for removing on off icons

Awesome thank you very much for that ranjani Smile
(2011-11-06, 09:10 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]see this external link for removing on off icons

Thank you for helping me to implement it ranjani, you really are a star buddy, now I just need to get the rest sorted out. That is a great start thank you so much.
To add the subscibe link to your header, go to

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> YOURTHEME >> Header Templates >> Header

and add in something like

<a href="http://www.internet-marketing-forum.net/subscribe.php">Subscribe</a>

with the rest of the menu links, to add the link to your header.

Is that what you wanted?
(2011-11-06, 01:06 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]To add the subscibe link to your header, go to

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> YOURTHEME >> Header Templates >> Header

and add in something like

<a href="http://www.internet-marketing-forum.net/subscribe.php">Subscribe</a>

with the rest of the menu links, to add the link to your header.

Is that what you wanted?

Hi David it seems someone has already sorted it out for me thank you for replying, thanks to everyone who helped me out also you know who you are. Smile