MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to show up different text on the permissions access pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary: Everything is added and explained in detail.
URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page: http://www.internet-marketing-forum.net/
New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?: Latest version.
Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue): If needed that is no problem.
Screenshot or error text, verbatim: Not needed as far as I can tell, if needed I can provide them easily. I have given out the URL to spot the problems mentioned within the thread.

I have a member upgrade subscription plugin installed, I have edited the permissions pages now so guests, members, can view the forum but not the content.

However I need to place something like "In order to view the content in this section you need to be upgraded" when they access the private area.

I also need to somehow edit the page before they access the private area "see screenshot" so it says "Private" on the right hand side where the posts and threads are, but leave the links to the private area itself clickable still:
[Image: shotk.png]

Can anybody please help me out with this, the thread is a day old now etc...
I do not have exact link of required modification - however this might help ...
(2011-11-07, 08:18 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]I do not have exact link of required modification - however this might help ...

Thank you very much ranjani, I managed to write the restriction text in the actual area now. All I need to do now is somehow get the "Private" text on home page section, where the Posts/Threads/Last Post section is. Do you have an ideas how I can sort that out at all. Smile

(2011-11-07, 08:47 AM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-07, 08:18 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]I do not have exact link of required modification - however this might help ...

Thank you very much ranjani, I managed to write the restriction text in the actual area now. All I need to do now is somehow get the "Private" text on home page section, where the Posts/Threads/Last Post section is. Do you have an ideas how I can sort that out at all. Smile

Still need some help with getting the "Private" text within the post/threads section, if someone could help me out that would be great.
Still need some help on this one please guys, I did in fact get some help from a members via PM's. However I don't want to keep hassling him.

He sent me over this:
Quote:You can't do error_no_perm function or you'll break the page for those you want to hide the content. I've done the edits myself. You will need core edits. MyBB 1.4x had it right but in 1.6x they altered it so the "-" was shown which imho sucks because it just looks like you have no content. You should find the - in the code and change it to "private" or maybe even a link to your VIP upgrade page.

I just need to work out exactly which file it is I need the:
Quote:find the - in the code and change

Any tips or help would be great, thanks for reading the thread.
^ /inc/functions_forumlist.php file needs to be modified ...
./inc/functions_forumlist.php

Line 264

- $lastpost = "<div style=\"text-align: center;\">-</div>";
+ $lastpost = "<div style=\"text-align: center;\">Private</div>";
Awesome thank you so much guys Smile