MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search Engine Friendly URLS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, the gist of the problem:

I've enabled the option in the MyBB admin panel (no plugins that I can tell should be interfering), and the board has begun giving me 404 errors wherever the option would affect the URLs. Now, I'm not sure what went awry here. Near as I can tell, everything is fine.

BTW:

URL - Skyloft
New install w/ v1.6.4

Help?
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess
Unless I am completely insane, should already be done.

EDIT: Double checked, already done.
do you have .htaccess file on the same folder of myBB installation folder (where index.php exists) ...
does your web server has mod_rewrite enabled ?
Yes, to the first. The second... not too sure about. How do you go about enabling/checking that? Will do a bit of research in the meantime.
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

That should show you.
... Uh. ._.; Should I do something with that or...?

EDIT: Double checked through my host, mod_rewrite is enabled by default on the servers.
you can view php info from admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> View PHP Info

find Loaded Modules <-- do you have mod_rewrite listed ...
I combed through that positively giant page using find and every variation of "Loaded Modules" and "mod_rewrite" I could think of and... nothing. Sad

So, I guess it's not enabled...
contact your web host OR someone experienced has to check the issue with required temporary privileges ...
Pages: 1 2