MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible Bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have my forum setup so that only paying members can view anything on the forum. They register, go to the user control panel to upgrade, and then can view it.

Here's the problem.

To do this I uncheck Can view board? in the Edit User Group under the Forums and Posts section - this disables them from seeing anything.

I then check Can access User CP? under the Users and Permissions section. However, they still cannot view the user control panel.

The basics, if you have it set so that a registered user cannot view the board, then they are not able to view control panel even if you have it enabled for them to be able to.

Does anyone know a work around for this?

Thanks for your time and support!
It is all in the permissions, go to the ACP>User and Groups>Groups and set all your permissions from there. Don't rate your own post to.
user CP is a part of the board ; if you disable viewing the board then no section is visible ...

instead, let the registered view the board & have access to user CP ; let them have access
to a single forum ; make all other forums available to the upgraded members ; do not expect
everyone joined to pay & upgrade - if you enforce that then your forum may not succeed ...
(2011-11-07, 02:52 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]do not expect everyone joined to pay & upgrade - if you enforce that then your forum may not succeed ...
Agreed 100% with that Ranjani.
(2011-11-07, 02:52 AM)Mr Awwad Wrote: [ -> ]It is all in the permissions, go to the ACP>User and Groups>Groups and set all your permissions from there. Don't rate your own post to.

Oh really?

So your members can view the User CP when you have it enabled but have Can View Board disabled?
Firstly, imo your idea of users have to pay to view everything is pathetic. I haven't tried a stupid thing like that before. I recommend you change all your board permissions so guests can't see them and only upgrade members can see them. Don't act smartass. I don't even know what you think a 'Bug' is.
Let me explain to you what a bug is since, from judging the other posts you have made on this forum, you don't have any grasp on what you're talking about besides searching it and posting answers that make no sense - but I will get to your other posts in awhile to explain to you in each how the answers are completely retarded.

A bug is when, for example, you enable an option and it does not work. If you're able to Enable view the CP when View Board is turned off, then that option should work. If it isn't meant to work then it should be greyed out to let people know it isn't possible. If that section is considered part of the board as a whole then there should not be an individual option for it to be changed on and off.

Next, getting paid members to signup and pay $17-$67/month for private acces to an exclusive forum isn't a problem at all if you know how to market it and reach your target audience. I have been using vbulletin to do that for over 5 years. However over the past year I have been toting around with mybb since it's open source coding tends to have more flexibility.
Hope that works for you mate. Big words makes you a lot cooler. I suggest you wait until you get advanced advice then. Until then, site on your chair and pull up your pantie-hoes.
It's not a bug, this is how it's supposed to work. Board = whole site.
(2011-11-07, 03:57 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug, this is how it's supposed to work. Board = whole site.
I think he just does not understand. I explained it to him I said this is not a bug. I told him some ways to fix this but no his smart lime attitude took over.
Pages: 1 2