MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subdomain Installation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm going a bit crazy here with installing the forum on a subdomain of mine. This isn't the first time I've run into this problem and I usually just give up, but this time it's something I need to fix. I have mybb installed on my main forum which installed without any type of problems and actually I just recently transferred my site over to a new host and had no problem popping things back into place with it. Installing on a subdomain however....whenever I do that it seems the cookies path goes bonkers on me or something. The problem is it doesn't remember I logged in. I'll type in the name and the password then it brings me to the little "You have successfully logged in" box...then it brings me back to the main page and BAM! I'm a Guest again and no longer logged in. It does the same for the ACP.

I've double, triple, and quadrupal checked the installation and have re-done it about 7 times, but nothing in particular seems to stick out at me. Database snaps into place fine, board installs fine, just can't seem to remember when I log in. I've already edited the CHMOD files and all. I'll give an example of how it looks when it asks me to enter the cookie path and information:

Side notes: Subdomain is ninjaway (eg. http://ninjaway.domain.com)
Folder it's in: /ninjaway
Configuration:
Cookie Domain: .ninjaway.domain.com
Cookie Path: /ninjaway/

Am I miss something? I tried doing the cookie path as just / too since it was default, but that didn't seem to work. Just for S&G's I tried .domain.com for the cookie domain too, which did absolutely nothing but mess stuff up.
I would try:

domain: .ninjaway.domain.com
path: /ninjaway/

or

domain: .domain.com
path: /ninjaway/

reccommended to clear browser cookies after doing a change too.
Nope, doesn't seem to work.
What is your URL.
Are you moving the forum from the main location \public_html\ to the subdomain after you have already installed it in the home folder? If so you need to edit config.php and change the variables their after you have moved everything. Thats why your cookies settings don't work more then likely becaue you didn't do a clean install within the subdomain directory but rather you are moving it from home to the subdomain directory.
domain: .domain.com
path: /
http://wayoftheninja.mysidia-rpg.com/index.php

At the moment it's configured to the .domain.com for cookie domain and /ninjaway/ for the file path.

EDIT: No I'm not moving it, this is a clean installation on a new database.
Quote:* If your URL is http://subdomain.example.com, your settings should be:
Cookie Domain: subdomain.example.com OR .example.com
Cookie Path: /

reference : Login Logout problems ...
Ahhh Genius! Works. Thanks Ranjani & Ghostmaster. Thanks to you too David for working through it with me.
The path is only needed if you have a folder after the .com (or other TLD) in the URL.