MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prune Member Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In 1.6 a new feature was added to multi "Prunt/Delete Users' Posts" from admincp. However there is a real inconvenience with having to add a date every time.

Can a simple checkbox be added for "All Posts"? Would be helpful with spammers. Should be easy to add.

You might argue that adding a date only takes a few seconds but I believe anything that speeds up the processing of dealing with spammers is important to the project. You might save 30 seconds for 100 admins 3-5 times per week. The time it will take to add this small feature is maybe 10-20 minutes.

EDIT: Actually skip the checkbox idea. I just realized you only need to add an option to the dropdown for "Or select a delete option" and add "ALL POSTS" in there. Then when doing date in function you simple make all posts as TIME_NOW. Really easy to accomplish this task. Should take 5 mins.
There is already a box with all posts.
check it.
I'm sure i saw this function.
wait i will have a look.
I don't believe there is. Screenshot please.
Oh, sorry i just realized i was wrong.
sorry.
just select older than 2 years. it will delete the most posts i think Smile
(2011-11-07, 06:06 PM)The Stage Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, sorry i just realized i was wrong.
sorry.
just select older than 2 years. it will delete the most posts i think Smile

In all honesty I think you shouldn't reply to threads with uninformed guesses. You really don't know what you're talking about most of the time.
Really think this option should have been added with the release. Not sure why it wasnt.
Anyway, as Labrocca said, this would be a really usefull ammendment with 1.6.5.
--
You have 2 rep, 1 is something you did, and the other is someone who gave you help not the other way round.
And 2 rep, yippee.

Anyone has the right to put anyone on their buddy or ignore list.
i have not really looked into the built-in prune feature, but why not use goodbye spammer? it will remove all posts, signatures, etc
(2011-11-07, 08:11 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i have not really looked into the built-in prune feature, but why not use goodbye spammer? it will remove all posts, signatures, etc

Why use a plugin for a built in feature though? It's just unfortunate that an ALL POSTS option wasn't added when feature was made. As other poster said..probably just an oversight.

For sigs I'm just going to require posts to add a sig. That will fix that.
I see what you are saying and the built-in system will work for the basic cases. Not disagreeing at all.

Its just that the Goodbye Spammer plugin will do more "fine tuned" pruning/purging but on a single user at a time. Delete users, posts, threads, sigs, links, report to SFS, ban, etc. Just offering another option
Quote:Its just that the Goodbye Spammer plugin will do more "fine tuned" pruning/purging but on a single user at a time. Delete users, posts, threads, sigs, links, report to SFS, ban, etc. Just offering another option

I don't need to delete sigs or ban spammers because I plan on a simple 2 step process. Bulk prune their posts (all posts) then bulk delete their accounts. Done with no plugins and quickly too.

Pages: 1 2