MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i want to lift all the bans from banned accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i want to lift ban from all the banned accounts at once. how can i do so?
You could go into the Users & Groups section of your ACP, check the box next to all Banned users and in the bottom right click "Change Users Usergroup" from the dropdown box. Change their primary group to "registered" or whatever your typical users group is, then they should be unbanned. I believe. Works on my localhost.

Edit: However, if you want to do it all at once I don't believe there is a way. Not that I know of yet, at least. But I'm learning MyBB all over again since I haven't been around for a while. If I find a better/easier way to do it I'll make sure to update this post!
(2011-11-08, 05:53 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]You could go into the Users & Groups section of your ACP, check the box next to all Banned users and in the bottom right click "Change Users Usergroup" from the dropdown box. Change their primary group to "registered" or whatever your typical users group is, then they should be unbanned. I believe. Works on my localhost.

Don't do that.
Run below query in PhpMyAdmin:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=x WHERE usergroup=y

x is the group id you want the current usergroup to move into and Y is the usergroup in which users are currently present (here, banned usergroup)
I dont know what i have done by above query, but everything is still the same. Banned users are still banned.
(2011-11-08, 01:25 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Run below query in PhpMyAdmin:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=x WHERE usergroup=y

x is the group id (gid) of banned group (by default, 5 I believe) and Y is the usergroup you want all banned people to move (you could keep it 2, 2 stands for registered members).

Don't do that. it won't remove the ban record..
(2011-11-08, 02:46 PM)Identity1 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know what i have done by above query, but everything is still the same. Banned users are still banned.

So there were only 2 banned users..? it would have been a lot faster just to do it one at a time than have to goto phpMyAdmin and do that? :\
Hmm, am not sure why it didn't moved, I've used this in past. Anyways, try this:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup`='x' WHERE `usergroup`='y';

x is the group id you want the current usergroup to move into and Y is the usergroup in which users are currently present (here, banned usergroup)
Best way is to just change the ban release date in the banned table. I do this for when I give amnesty to banned accounts.

I do not recommend a users table change.
Just curious, why is that?
(2011-11-08, 05:17 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Best way is to just change the ban release date in the banned table. I do this for when I give amnesty to banned accounts.

I do not recommend a users table change.
That could be an option. But moving users is not some process which could do any harm either.

Pages: 1 2