MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML Emails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can HTML tags be added to the email text in messages.lang.php to improve the look of emails? If so will sending HTML emails make them more likely to be put in spam folders?
HTML can be used, just go to ACP >> Users & Groups >> Mass Mail

and choose the formatting of your email (HTML, Plain Text or both).

Can't answer your second one.
(2011-11-08, 12:37 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]HTML can be used, just go to ACP >> Users & Groups >> Mass Mail

and choose the formatting of your email (HTML, Plain Text or both).

Can't answer your second one.

Thanks but the ACP >> Users & Groups >> Mass Mail seems to be for specific mass mailing and not the default emails that are sent from messages.lang.php. For example the complete registration email.
Over 2,700 views and only one reply!

Here's an easier question (I hope). Where do I find the text that appears in the "complete the registration process" email? I thought it was in - inc >> languages >> english >> messages.lang.php - but it doesn't appear to be there (but similar text is).

I can confirm that in gmail html emails are more likely to be marked as spam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_email Wrote:The multipart type is intended to show the same content in different ways, but this is sometimes abused; some email spam takes advantage of the format to trick spam filters into believing that the message is legitimate. They do this by including innocuous content in the text part of the message and putting the spam in the HTML part (that which is displayed to the user).
Most email spam is sent in HTML for these reasons, so spam filters sometimes give higher spam scores to HTML messages.

You might be interested to read the following before sending html emails:
ensuring-your-html-emails-look-great-and-get-delivered
top-html-email-coding-mistakes