MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Members falsely showing as visited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hiya,

This isn't a major problem, and it may only be related to my particular set of circumstances. It does however cause issues, for differentiating between the lurkers and folk who simply aren't interested anymore. Anyway, enough rambling.

Version: I'm running version 1.6.4

Issue: Members are showing as having visited in the member list when they clearly haven't. Furthermore, they visit at exactly the same time I do.

Further notes: My forum has gone through 2 convertors. The first was from a free forum site into phpbb3, then it was converted to myBB. The process went smoothly with no problems. I wasn't able to bring passwords through the conversions, though, so members have to reset them. Those that have reset them, everything works as it should. Those that haven't reset them are showing as visiting when I do.

It isn't a major issue, but a fix would be nice, and I thought I'd make the community aware of it. I suspect it's something to do with the conversion? I could imagine this being a major annoyance to someone with a lot of members who has converted.
Have you tried uploading the memberlist.php and replacing it, you could also replace the online.php file again, just over write them and see what happens.
Ugh, I'm trying to think back on this issue.

Ok IIRC this is caused because the last visited data wasn't converted over, leaving the column empty. Because of this it shows the current time.

Post merge I believe your only options are to either update the column with a set timestamp (E.g. for yesterday) or just ignore it.

I'm not 100% sure about this so I'll leave this with Dylan (Merge system developer) to investigate. Smile
@Lee, it's one of the things I tried, but to no avail.

@Malcolm, I'm assuming I just update the sql table?

Edit: I think I may have the root of the problem :doh: I checked over the last visited on the free forum (I've not set up a 301 yet), and the members that are glitching didn't visit that one either.

So I'm guessing that either the first or second converter (it's all very complicated sounding Big Grin) didn't know what to do with the null values?

I'll hang off incase I'm missing something else, and I can certainly link you to the first script I used, so it can be ruled in/out (I didn't check the members when it was first uploaded as phpbb3).
I've tried updating the sql table, though I'm probably messing it up, and it makes no difference. I have noticed another little oddity about it as well - even though it's displaying the current time, when filtering the members list, it is viewed as zero. Even with me updating the sql table. A fix would be rather nice, if any one has any ideas?
(2011-11-09, 12:59 AM)coco_moco Wrote: [ -> ]@Lee, it's one of the things I tried, but to no avail.

@Malcolm, I'm assuming I just update the sql table?

Edit: I think I may have the root of the problem :doh: I checked over the last visited on the free forum (I've not set up a 301 yet), and the members that are glitching didn't visit that one either.

So I'm guessing that either the first or second converter (it's all very complicated sounding Big Grin) didn't know what to do with the null values?

I'll hang off incase I'm missing something else, and I can certainly link you to the first script I used, so it can be ruled in/out (I didn't check the members when it was first uploaded as phpbb3).

Did you manage to fix it at all?
Hiya Lee,

Nothing seems to be working that I've tried Big Grin I had a brain wave, and updated all the caches, thinking that that's maybe why my sql tinkering hadn't done anything. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious, and although it isn't a great issue, it's starting to annoy me Big Grin
Make sure you create database backups before doing any work - even the best of up can get it wrong at some point. Toungue

UPDATE mybb_users SET lastvisit = '1320931457' where lastvisit = '';

That query will set the last visit of every user who hasn't logged in yet to around to "Thursday, November 10th 2011, 13:24:17 (GMT)"

But as I said before, make a backup before doing this. If something goes wrong and you don't have a backup then you're going to be in a very awkward situation.
I've backed up and run the query (I'm still getting to grips with this side of things Big Grin), do I need to do anything after that? Rebuilding caches?

EDIT: That change didn't work by itself, by I noticed there was another zero value associated with the problem entries that of "lastactive"

So I used
UPDATE mybb_users SET lastactive = '1320931457' where lastactive = ''

This seems to have fixed the problem, although the date that is being displayed isn't the one that was set Big Grin It is now working properly, in terms of the filters, and the date is now fixed Heart

Thank you very much everyone for your help, this has now been solved, though please tell me if I've done something that will break my forum Big Grin
No, the information is pulled directly from the database. That's all you need to do. Smile
Pages: 1 2