MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: @font-face not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I am having problems getting fonts to work on my forum.

I designed this site with the idea that the forums would be in their own section with little to no supplement but still stay consistent in the design

http://almost-there.org

Here as you can see on the menubar
Quote:Forums Fridge IRC Servers Gadgets Steam

The fonts are part of the "Ubuntu" Font family
And they are working properly using this document
http://www.almost-there.org/style/fonts/...Ubuntu.css

But on the Forums
http://almost-there.org/forums/

The font is not being correctly imported/applied

And since in mybb PHP import is not supported and is too hacky to implement. I decided to clone this stylesheet document into the mybb Themes stylesheet listing in the ACP

I realized that since the fonts will not reside in the same folder as the CSS document I would have to add the proper sub-URL so it may be pointed to the correct place.

So instaid of
src: url('ubuntu-r-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
It would be
src: url('styles/fonts/ubuntu-r-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),

Iv'e tried a few variations of this with little to no luck.
Its also been very difficult to test since I have the Ubuntu font installed locally on my computer. I see the font weather or not its being imported from almost-there or not.

I have run out of ideas, Can anybody help me?
I am not so sure about it but if using HTML tags, almost many fonts seem to work fine for me. For example:

<font face="Arial">My description</font>

works fine.
(2011-11-09, 04:49 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I am not so sure about it but if using HTML tags, almost many fonts seem to work fine for me. For example:

<font face="Arial">My description</font>

works fine.

'Ubuntu' will not work since it is a custom font and does not come preinstalled on any computer.

It works on mine because I have it installed, However if I go to another computer and try it out the font will show up as the DOM default.

Such cases occur only if your db tables are not utf8 (unicode in that), which I doubt, because MyBB has all tables by default to utf8, unless you've specified something else. As I've used wordpress, I know that in it, by default latin is the standard conversion. You sure it wasn't seen on other PC?
(2011-11-09, 01:27 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Such cases occur only if your db tables are not utf8 (unicode in that), which I doubt, because MyBB has all tables by default to utf8, unless you've specified something else. As I've used wordpress, I know that in it, by default latin is the standard conversion. You sure it wasn't seen on other PC?

I don't touch the DB stuff we have an other administrator take care of that.

I am 100% sure that this isn't the problem.

But I think the problem exists when pointing to the font's url themselves in they way that myBB is interfering.

I checked the source and the fonts we're being correctly applied. Whats the problem here exactly?