MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: On my forum I can see member looking at "Unknown Location" which leads to malicious.J
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not really sure what this means but just went to view a members profile, I could see "Unknown Location" when I clicked on the link it says this:
Quote:malicious Javascript

[img][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/odd.png/][Image: odd.png]

Any ideas on this anyone?
Where does it link to?
(2011-11-09, 03:21 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Where does it link to?

Hi Malcolm

It led on to a page which just said:
Quote:You could not be verified to clear cookies. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to clear your cookies automatically. If you intended to clear your cookies, please view the "Use of Cookies on MyBB" help document.
Was this the link?

misc.php?action=clearcookies&key={1}

If so, [Issue #1587]
(2011-11-09, 03:25 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Was this the link?

misc.php?action=clearcookies&key={1}

If so, [Issue #1587]

That is the link: http://www.internet-marketing-forum.net/...ookies&key=
Guests don't have the post key, so it would clear the cookies for them. For you, you need the key as you are logged in.

It's nothing to worry about, just how MyBB works. Smile
(2011-11-09, 03:33 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Guests don't have the post key, so it would clear the cookies for them. For you, you need the key as you are logged in.

It's nothing to worry about, just how MyBB works. Smile

It was one of the members on there you see, I know the person and know there is nothing to worry about on that note. I guess it was just some what confusing seeing somewhere I could not access even know I'm the admin.

Thank you for letting me know Malcolm Smile

It is normal and not a malicious thing, no need to worry. It is a function to let users clear their cookies for your board. Guests doesn't have any post key (mypostkey) & users has their post keys so if members goes to key= ,it'd be key=mypostkey (for registered users) and hence that is why post key is made for, to verify user's action to check if he is liable or given access to it. Don't worry.
(2011-11-09, 04:25 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]It is normal and not a malicious thing, no need to worry. It is a function to let users clear their cookies for your board. Guests doesn't have any post key (mypostkey) & users has their post keys so if members goes to key= ,it'd be key=mypostkey (for registered users) and hence that is why post key is made for, to verify user's action to check if he is liable or given access to it. Don't worry.

Thanks guys, also ranjani for helping. Smile