MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two accounts same computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am admin and also a user on mybb forum. So I have two separate accounts. I use the admin in FF & my user in Chrome. I have read this thread (couldn't find any other relevant ones) but I am still needing a solution.

What happens is when I'm in admin (FF) and try to log in to user (Chrome) my user says wrong un or pw. So I reset it but no matter what I do it just keeps telling me wrong un or pw. I've tried various combos of accounts in different (and even same) browsers, tried clearing cookies, made sure to log uot of one before logging into other, nothing is working.

This happens on my home pc & on my laptop in my warehouse exactly the same. PC running Win 7 & Laptop runs Vista. Both computers same IP.

Something else is weird. Even after I clear cookies (or even when I haven't) whenever I untick the remember me - or even when I haven't - when I click the UN field the pw field inserts the dots from the last pw used or sometimnes the pw used in the other acc on the other browser. And when I click the sursor in the pw area to delete it, my UN dissappears and the rmember me ticks itself - it goes back and forth like this no matter what I do. Sounds impossible I guess but it's happening. Hope this is enough info. Any ideas?

Get rid of whatever automated form filler software you're using. It is interfering. If you don't have one, then I'm at a loss because this is not how it works. I myself often use multiple browsers to log in with multiple users (at different account levels) to test my plugins.
I think theres a plugin around that allows you (admin) to sign into multiple accounts at the same time.
Ill have a look for it, but i think its subscription only.
(2011-11-10, 02:37 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of whatever automated form filler software you're using. It is interfering. If you don't have one, then I'm at a loss because this is not how it works. I myself often use multiple browsers to log in with multiple users (at different account levels) to test my plugins.

I have everything working now. Not like I want, but working. I have the admin account which I use in FF, and a user account "Kevin" which I use in Chrome. Both accounts were ticked with admin permissions. So it occurred to me that might be the problem and evidently it was, because since down grading my user account to mod I haven't had any problems.

(2011-11-10, 01:43 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]I think theres a plugin around that allows you (admin) to sign into multiple accounts at the same time.
Ill have a look for it, but i think its subscription only.

I hope you can find this because I'd like to be able to do admin stuff from my user account too behind the scenes. But I don't want to use the user account for admin postings. I'd like to keep two separate hats publicly. i don't hide the fact that "Kevin" is me and that I am the admin, but I participate on the forum also as a regular member and i don't want to do that as "admin". But being able to "do" admin housekeeping & changes from my Kevin account would be very handy.

I hope this all makes sense.

You don't need the plugin for that. Why bog your server down with extra processing. I'm not sure what you've got going on, but I regularly use two users on two users set exactly that way. I have "ralgith" which is just a straight Admin, and then I have Dylan M. which looks like a registered user, but has an additional group set as Admin. Unless you're doing the Primary Group on both as Admin and setting just the Display group on Kevin as User. I've never tried that.

Regardless, this is something on your computer causing the issue. It is not MyBB.

Try using a browser other than Chrome. Linking to Wiki Pages Below:
SeaMonkey
Opera
Midori
Safari
Arora
Amaya (Official Browser of the W3C)
Konqueror

Also see (Includes many for non-windoze OS):
Comparison of web browsers
List of web browsers

And you should be able to find something not suffering from your issue.
Thanks Dylan I'm working through all the links right now.

I had to look up what W3C meant. Confused
(2011-11-12, 04:33 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Dylan I'm working through all the links right now.

I had to look up what W3C meant. Confused

Good luck, here's the list of what I'm using (Most just for testing code I've written for compatibility) on Linux:
FF (Primary browser)
SeaMonkey
Epiphany
Konqueror
Rekonq
Chromium (the browser Chrome is based off)
Galeon
Midori
Kazehakase
Opera
Arora
Dillo
HV3
Lynx
Amaya
fennec (Moblin for Mandriva Mini)
Moblin
twill
uzbl
w3m

I'm sure most people wont recognize more than 3-5 of those Wink

And for Windoze browsers I am running (On Linux via Wine or Crossover):
IE6
IE7
IE8
Safari

In addition I use Thunderbird for email and Sunbird for my calendar Toungue Yes, I'm a Mozilla fan. I admit it.