MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error after deleting a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

We are running MyBB 1.6.3 with a PostGreSQL database. Has been working well but today:

- I deleted a thread
- Then the forum still shows the thread
- When I try to open the thread I get:

SQL Error: 22P02 - ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Query: UPDATE mybb_threads SET firstpost='' WHERE tid='3'

What should I do please?

David
ok, to my knowledge PgSQL is kind of in beta (experimental), and that error was caused because "firstpost" is blank.

This might be a mybb bug, because the deletion of a post that is the firstpost should also delete the thread. But it seems it hasnt even added the firstpost to the thread Sad I have no idea why MyBB would want to change the firstpost to blank Sad

(2011-11-09, 07:48 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]ok, to my knowledge PgSQL is kind of in beta (experimental), and that error was caused because "firstpost" is blank.

This might be a mybb bug, because the deletion of a post that is the firstpost should also delete the thread. But it seems it hasnt even added the firstpost to the thread Sad I have no idea why MyBB would want to change the firstpost to blank Sad

Thanks Tom. I realise that PgSQL was not the best choice, but I have to use it now. Sad

How can I repair the database please?

Did the post delete correctly? Or is it still in the database?
(2011-11-09, 08:18 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Did the post delete correctly? Or is it still in the database?

How can I check whether it is in the database please?

Note: the troublesome post was the only post in the thread and that thread was the first in the forum. I have deleted subsequent posts in the forum without problem.

I have just tried to delete a user and got a similar error:

SQL Error: 22P02 - ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Query: DELETE FROM mybb_awaitingactivation WHERE uid=''

Is your forum big? Or is it just starting? Is there any specific reason why you are using PgSQL over a more common engine like MySQL? If not, you may be better off just re-installing using mysql, them moving your posts/threads/polls/users across Smile
(2011-11-09, 08:31 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Is your forum big? Or is it just starting? Is there any specific reason why you are using PgSQL over a more common engine like MySQL? If not, you may be better off just re-installing using mysql, them moving your posts/threads/polls/users across Smile

I agree that moving to MySQL is probably the most sensible course of action. The problem is that our server must run PgSQL for another application (Moodle). Is it possible/wise to run MySQL and PgSQL on the same server?
To my knowledge, running both on the same box should be fine, they both bind to different ports Smile