MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to make links inposts to have nofollow properties?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I wanted to make the links posted by member to be nofollow but leave the signatures dofollow, how can i do this or is there a plugin for this?
Oooh Interesting question. You could edit all the links with javascript but that may be quite slow :/

What I'd be inclined to do is edit where links are auto-parsed, adding the rel="nofollow" there. I'd modify the url mycode so it outputs nofollow as well.

Then so you get dofollow in the sig links, you'd create [surl][/surl] mycode tags (which are exactly the same as the unedited url tags were Big Grin

The only prob with my idea, is I've yet to look over all the mybb code (i'm new to the software as well), so I'm not sure exactly where it's parsed.
You can either directly edit the parser (./inc/class_parser.php) or create a MyCode to overwrite [url]
It's worth noting as well, that the link juice from forums is negligible, and it's rare that folks will use it for dubious link-building practices. The most you'll get is the random spammers with a page of links, which I'm assuming you'll just delete anyway Smile