MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: version 1.6.3 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't tell what files you edited. It's server-side.

This is why you should always keep a file change log.
Yes i should but never Sad not sure what to do now might just leave it
If you know what files you edited but just not what you changed you can use a file comparison program.
i think it was style sheet footer and header files but not 100% sure. but someone said the update should not effect anything ?
If you edited the stylesheets and templates you are fine.
Ok will give it a go so all i need to keep is the image folder and settings.php and a backup of site ?
Get a DB backup and then upload all the files of 1.6.4.
All the files ? don't i need to keep image folder and settings.php
Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this, does it say any files are changed?? If it does, you may have edited them.

(2011-11-10, 09:40 PM)cornishweb Wrote: [ -> ]All the files ? don't i need to keep image folder and settings.php

They won't go anywhere.
(2011-11-10, 09:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this, does it say any files are changed?? If it does, you may have edited them.

(2011-11-10, 09:40 PM)cornishweb Wrote: [ -> ]All the files ? don't i need to keep image folder and settings.php

They won't go anywhere.

Hi just tired that got about 100 files all in red and at the top it said File Verification: Found Problems

Hi i have now done this upgrade which most i think is ok but the black bars we had across the forum are now blue i think i changed global.css can someone tell me where to find it please
Pages: 1 2