MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: when you manage many MyBB sites or have separate test sites: risk in AdminCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when you manage many MyBB sites or have separate test sites - you are on risk of mixing up sites in Admin CP - there is no information about site you manage in this screen except url in browser.

I suggest to make small change, which should reduce this risk.

in admin/inc/class_page.php find and replace line

echo "        <div id=\"logo\"><h1><span class=\"invisible\">{$lang->mybb_admin_cp}</span></h1></div>\n";

with

echo "  <div id=\"logo\"><h1><span style=\"float:right\">{$mybb->settings['bbname']}<br />{$mybb->settings['bburl']}</span></h1></div>\n";

then you'll see your AdminCP like this:
[attachment=24639]

Will be nice if it included in next versions. Shy
Can't you just look in the browser URL bar? That's what it's there for.
yes I can, and I always do that. but this disturbing me. Undecided

if it so easy to look in browser url bar, why MyBB shows the Board Name on every non-AdminCP page ? Wink
Its a good tip. I was just copying template/theme data amongst two sites and its more comforting to have something simple to distinguish quickly between the two.

I would think that the ACP should show the default theme's logo of the site its connected to rather than the generic MyBB one. However, when working with a test site, that does not always help.
From a member's point of view and an administrator's point of view, they represent two different things.

If you're case you might find this useful but most users only manage one site.

Frankly I would find a big notice like that highly annoying. There are other ways you can identify each site such as a favicon. You don't even have to check each tab to see which site is which with that.
May I ask what size monitor and at what resolution you are using Malcolm?

i am on a 24" WXUGA at 1900x1220 so its a lot of extra eye movement to keep going back and forth to review a favicon.

its not so bad when I am on another monitor, but the big one where I do most of my work, it does make a difference
(2011-11-10, 08:31 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Frankly I would find a big notice like that highly annoying.
just replace h1 tag to something less annoying.

there is many ways to identify site which you manage right now, and everyone use what he/she likes. I share what I like. Smile
I'm on a 19" AOC Intl at 1440x900. I work at quite a rapid pace so usually I just skim over the tabs. It's not a big issue for me.

However I do think having the board name and url stamped across the admin cp is over kill. If you have a long url/board name then it will generally be more annoying then useful.

I think that the board name prefixed before the page title would be the best solution.

E.g.

Pavement Sucks - Dashboard