MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PavementSucks.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Its 100% MyBB (except for an integrated Coppermine gallery) plus my plugins for new/custom content
Epic. I really love how simple the theme is and you have some amazing content. I also really love how professional the whole forum seems with a good choice of categories etc. One thing I would say that slightly bugs me is that the cursor should be a pointer for links in the navigation. it may be small, but I always find it weird when links don't use the pointer cursor.
how do you make a CSS menu use the little hand pointer? i used a menu builder as I am not very proficient in CSS so I need help in figuring out what to put and where.

thanks for the feedback.

edit: NVM the CSS help, I figured it out and did not realize the menu code I used had forced cursor:default, so I set it to cursor:pointer;cursor:hand; and it seems to be working now
cursor: pointer; alone should do the trick Wink
IE5 support FTMFW!!!

that is why I included the "hand" option according to my Google-fu. I know nothing else in the menu will work right on IE5, but at least the hand will show Toungue
Fair enough, though I've yet to meet anybody still using IE5 Wink
Browser Version Browser Version contribution to total:
1. 8.0 69.03%
2. 7.0 17.74%
3. 9.0 9.62%
4. 6.0 3.59%
5. 999.1 0.01%
6. 5.5 0.01%
7. 5.01 > 0.00%
8. 10.0 > 0.00%
9. 6.1 > 0.00%

I am surprised that IE5 showed up so much. This is the past year's IE browsers according to GA reports.

Honestly, I am not catering to IE5 as a log of the site wont work in it I expect.
That is surprising! I don't think that IE5 even shows up at all for any of my sites.
any more feedback?
Hi pavemen, just some of my own feedback.

Header

Just fix up the icons, i think the drop down menus work well but the bad icons detract from this.

I'd also say maybe it would be better to streamline and reduce the amount of links you have. I counted 10 links up there which were 'additional' (i.e. what i'd consider added separate entities like a Game Section), maybe just bring it back down to a handful of core forum activities.

[Image: OUiQX.png] - members
[Image: camera-icon.png] - photos
[Image: App-news-icon.png] - classifieds
[Image: Button-Add-icon.png] - for the extra link.
[Image: question_blue.png] - FAQ

Portal

I really like your portal, but i think that since you say it is only 'visibly' busy, maybe it would be a good time to reconsider bringing your forum back to the homepage? I found myself adding things like a Game Section, a Shoutbox and other bits and bobs, but then realised that i wanted people spending time on just the forum, i didn't want them sat in a mediocre game section.

Forums

I counted 82 forum sections on your site, which is quite a lot imo on just one page. Possibly think about tabs? What about merging and/or deleting some forums.

Your 4x4 and Tech sections seem like clear winners in terms of volume. You really could combine the whole Towing and Trailers section into just the one, and add it below the "Body, Bumper, Cage and Flatbed Fab" giving you 5 sections under "Advanced Tech and Fab"?

Your boats section is only 11 threads across 5 forum sections, couldn't they be combined and say made a sub forum of another forum? 5 forum sections take up quite a lot of space visually for such little activity.

Couldnt you make a new Section called All Terrain Vehicles & Snow Machines (both off-roady, hardy types of vehicles) and inside that have:

1st Forum section: ATVs and Quads - (combination of Side-by-Side Tech, ATVs/Quads Tech, Misc Tech, Riding and Safety Gear and Riding and Racing Tips)

2nd: Snow Machines - (combination of Power/Drivetrain, Riding Tips and Gear, Rules and Regs)

The same could be said for the Outdoor part too, i don't think it's popularity justifies such space. Your members clearly want to talk just about 4x4's, fixing them, and some dashes of other stuff (including general talk), so tailor the forum to be built around these priorities.

Hope that wasn't too, er, bossy?

Glad it has/is a success for you, didn't know it's roots stretched so far back.
Pages: 1 2 3