MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Jump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB's first (plugin-less) quick jump menu. This quick edit requires jQuery.

Here is the jQuery that will create the quick jump:

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
var html = '';
$('td:has(.expcolimage) strong a, td+tbody tr td[class*=trow] strong a').each(function() {
 var a = $(this).parent().html();
  html += '<li>' + a + '</li>';
});

$('#quick-jump').html(html);
});
</script>

Note: The second to last line of code. #quick-jump is the div where this code will output. Make sure you change that to what you are using for your website.

Ideas for this:
  • Build a modal on your website and insert this to make a popup quick jump menu
    (if you have any other ideas please post them below)

Enjoy.
Thanks a lot for sharing it. I think its better that members use this code with separate page than making a quick jump menu. Whats your suggestion Jason L.?
(2011-11-10, 10:07 PM)voctan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for sharing it. I think its better that members use this code with separate page than making a quick jump menu. Whats your suggestion Jason L.?

After reading over I noticed that is not physically possible. I don't know why I suggested that. Because if you think about it the code needs to find the areas with ".expcolapse" and of course those won't be on your separate page.

Also, if anyone is looking for a method to hide the menu everywhere but the index you can do the following:

Add Stylesheet and apply it only to index.php only. Choose write my own content and add this.

#quick-jump { display: block; }

And then go to global css and add:
#quick-jump { display: none; }

That should take care of things. Sorry!
Can you hook up a screenshot if possible?
Please:

(2011-11-11, 01:57 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Can you hook up a screenshot if possible?
I normally do add a please, I quite typed in a hurry, yes, sorry. Please.
(2011-11-12, 04:33 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I normally do add a please, I quite typed in a hurry, yes, sorry. Please.

I meant to ask for a screenshot as well Smile

(2011-11-12, 04:49 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]http://jasonl.me/ms/lightbox/

Unfortunately it looks broken for me Undecided (the code)
(2011-11-13, 08:51 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-12, 04:33 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I normally do add a please, I quite typed in a hurry, yes, sorry. Please.

I meant to ask for a screenshot as well Smile

(2011-11-12, 04:49 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]http://jasonl.me/ms/lightbox/

Unfortunately it looks broken for me Undecided (the code)

What do you mean by that?
(2011-11-13, 09:25 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by that?

I see this:
[attachment=24654]
Pages: 1 2