MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Messages -->Threaded View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way to have private messages look more like phpbb3s?

It's just really messy using quotes to reply to every pm. I looked online but couldnt find a plugin to do this.

Basically I would like to see private messages have a threaded history underneath them with the user and message like phpbb3s

So is there anyway this can be done?
Great idea, would love to see this. But from what I know your going to need a plugin or maybe Yaldaram the tutorial bot can write one for you. Smile
I looked onlien for plugins but there were none and Yaldaram is on vacation right now Sad
I would like that function to, although it seemed more like PM History than threaded view.
I'm getting quite a few requests for threaded PMs from my forum members so interest is high here, too.
Not coming until 2.0, tragically.
Im not 100% i get what you want but if its a conversation system.
Go for this:

http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=194

It has all the previous pm's underneath each other when you click on conversation view.

[Image: conversations.jpg]

Still it would be nice to have this integrated. Way better then the current sytem.
The way the current PM system works it would be a pain, IIRC what Tomm said.
Would love to see more of Nickman's plugin, looks really ugly and doesn't show what the inbox etc. looks like ... I get the feeling this is a very half-baked solution.
(2012-04-30, 01:58 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to see more of Nickman's plugin, looks really ugly and doesn't show what the inbox etc. looks like ... I get the feeling this is a very half-baked solution.

This is how the inbox looks like it has a open conversation button. But you can still view it like the default way is by simply clicking on the message.

[attachment=26157]

Its probably not the nicest solution. But its far better then the current system. In my opinion.
Pages: 1 2