MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Link to last post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to add a link (beside the thread link) where if people click it it'll send them to the last post of that thread.

BONUS: Is it possible to make it so this link only shows up (beside the thread link) only is there's a new post in that thread the user hasn't seen before?
just add "?action=lastpost" to a thread link to get the last, or "?action=newpost" to get the first new post of the thread since the users last visit.

the new thread tracking you want would be a performance issue for a moderate or larger site
(2011-11-11, 03:49 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]just add "?action=lastpost" to a thread link to get the last, or "?action=newpost" to get the first new post of the thread since the users last visit.

the new thread tracking you want would be a performance issue for a moderate or larger site

So what code do I add?

Is it:
<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}?action=newpost">text</a>
just like that
we're talking about forumdisplay right? There's already a green arrow containing that exact same code.......

(2011-11-11, 03:49 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]the new thread tracking you want would be a performance issue for a moderate or larger site
it's not. Just include the same code used to display the thread state image, as a class to the link, and assign in css visibility.
What's wrong with the one that's already there?
Doesn't seem to work for me anymore D: I had to reinstall a different databse and upgrade to that new .05 version of MyBB and now it isn't working.
(2011-11-27, 10:36 PM)Hoodie Wrote: [ -> ]
Doesn't seem to work for me anymore D: I had to reinstall a different databse and upgrade to that new .05 version of MyBB and now it isn't working.

Then add "&action=lastpost" after {$thread['threadlink']} and you should be fine.
(2011-11-28, 04:40 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-27, 10:36 PM)Hoodie Wrote: [ -> ]

Then add "&action=lastpost" after {$thread['threadlink']} and you should be fine.

Hello, version 1.6.5 does nor work.
Please try install new one, then create some post. it does not work with "showthread.php?tid=1&action=lastpost" or "showthread.php?tid=2&action=lastpost"

Does someone fix it?