MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GTAChat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, give me honest responses guys. Be brutal. (Or not, that's fine too! Wink)

I realize there's no content, that's what happens when you have no members. Heh. BUT, besides that how does it look?

[Update: 11/14/2011]
To get the forums more active and add content I started a contest a couple of days ago, but so far hasn't caught on. So I figured I'd post here hoping to get some interest.

Basically all you have to do is post. Person with most posts wins a FREE domain - $9.99 and below other from NameCheap. (.com/.net/etc.)

2nd place person wins $5 via PayPal!

There is a catch, right now it's only limited to the Grand Theft Auto sections (it is a GTA site and all), so posts in the off-topic section won't count. I may reverse this depending on whether or not I feel that's what needs to be done. I'd rather not have a bunch of random topics in the chat section, though. But honestly, you don't even have to be a GTA fan to get posts. You can just leave replies to other topics.

*domain will be transferred to the winner's namecheap account*

See here for details, or to ask questions:
http://gtachat.net/forums/Thread-Contest-Win-A-Domain-5
Hmm. You can try using some images, or atleast a gradient for thead, header, menu, etc.

When i first visit your site, i thought the images are missing.
Yeah, I plan on making a newer better looking theme by myself, but the theme was made to use just colors, no images. Not sure why.
Use of color. 2/10

Logo - looks neat, but begs to have GTA capitalized. 3/10

Design in general. 3/10

No slogan. 3/10

You chose a domain that's in direct competition with the more popular TLD (.com) - GTAchat.com (which is currently a terrible site). I would instead look for a .com domain name, but that does not necessarily mean you could not succeed with your .net. 3/10

In any event, I suggest buying pro help instead of trying to salvage what you have.

(2011-11-11, 05:54 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, give me honest responses guys. Be brutal. (Or not, that's fine too! Wink)

Just make a banner with some GTA characters on it, and the theme will be fine. Wink
(2011-11-11, 10:26 AM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Logo - looks neat, but begs to have GTA capitalized. 3/10

I would, but the text I use doesn't change anything for uppercase letters. Suppose I should look up another font that does. Thanks for the input. Smile

(2011-11-11, 10:26 AM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]No slogan. 3/10

Should come up with one, I agree.

(2011-11-11, 10:26 AM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]You chose a domain that's in direct competition with the more popular TLD (.com) - GTAchat.com (which is currently a terrible site). I would instead look for a .com domain name, but that does not necessarily mean you could not succeed with your .net. 3/10

Not much I can do about that. I do have gtavtalk.com that takes you to the same site as well.

But, thank you for your input! Smile

I think I'm allowed to bump this for a contest? I wasn't sure to update this thread or post in Request/Services section. If not, just delete this mods! & I'm sorry! :p

But anyways, running a contest to win a free TLD domain. See original post!
The theme you're using is.. eh.
Consider fixing this:
http://i.imgur.com/JLIVF.png
Please do promise me, OP, that you will not ask for donations in the six months of operations! That also makes forums look amatuer!
@Richard: Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't know about that.

@Mebes: Don't plan on asking for any, at all. Unless it gets to being so big I have to get an expensive host. No ads, either. I'm on a free host, not like I need them anyway. Toungue