MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easiest way to change the background color to a theme including the template edges?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to test out some different colors on my template and theme, I just don't want to mess anything up by doing so. Is there an easy way to implement this without mucking up the whole thing.

I have been prone to making silly mistakes which is why I thought best to ask here first. I would greatly appreciate any help please thanks.
In global.css , find "body" and "container" classes and change "background" properties.
(2011-11-11, 09:33 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]In global.css , find "body" and "container" classes and change "background" properties.

Awesome thank you for getting back to me, so do I just need to type in the names and such, or would I need to implement actual codes or anything.
You've to edit these classes according to your needs. If you need to add a border then you would have to add border: 1px solid #D7EDFC in the class.
(2011-11-11, 09:44 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You've to edit these classes according to your needs. If you need to add a border then you would have to add border: 1px solid #D7EDFC in the class.

Oh dear I think it may be something I would muck up Huh lol, I just need to change the background to a darker blue, along with the template ideally but am afraid now. Perhaps I will pay someone to implement it when I have some spare cash rather than muck it up myself.
You may PM me your ACP logins and the details of altering the background color, I'll do it for you.

And No need to spend money for this. Toungue
(2011-11-11, 02:11 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You may PM me your ACP logins and the details of altering the background color, I'll do it for you.

And No need to spend money for this. Toungue

Yes please Yaldaram I would really appreciate the help, let me know when your online and I shall ping over the details. Smile
I would like you to post in Private section of my website: http://yaldaram.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=58 if you do not want to PM.
As Yaldaram as already stated the colors can be found in body and #container. To make it easier for you use the "Simple" mode. Under "background" you will see something like #ffffff or #efefef. These are called HTML(or hex) colors. Visit http://www.colorpicker.com/ and pick your color. In the textbox it will give you a hex copy and paste that into the background property (with the hash). Done.
Thanks for the help guys I have managed to sort something out now. I have found someone willing to spend lots of time getting to look pro with me, thank you for all the reply's with help etc... Smile
Pages: 1 2