MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Archive mode, good or bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Is removing the archive (lite) mode bad for SEO? I see so many links on google that send users to the archive section of the forum, surely that's not the correct way to attract users? If I switch off the archive mode just how bad will it be for my SEO? Won't google then just index the threads and posts from the normal forum?

Thanks.
Google might see it as duplicate content, but on the other hand it's quicker to crawl and you'll get more pages indexed.

Google has quite a strong algorithm for communities, so they might not count the archive as duplicate content. Take take my word for it though.
My website's archive pages are indexed more usually so yes, its a good thing to have.
Hi, thanks for the ideas. I also ended here for the same concerns, seeing that webmasters point it out as duplicate content.

Away from duplicate content, some forums also benefit from adsense, and the archive mode is stripped off that. Don't you think this is a blow?