MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show forums to guests without being able to enter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Is there any way I keep my guests from entering a forum, but still be allowed to display it? Like they'll see a list of forums, but unless they're logged in and are in the right usergroup with permissions, they won't be able to actually view anything inside of it?

I do not want to password-lock the forums either (I know that would be one solution but it would be rather unhandy given my circumstances.)

So is there anyway that people not logged in can see that the forums exist, but until they're logged in + in the right usergroup they cannot enter them without getting an error message?
That would be a great idea. . If I recall right, phpbb does something like this too....
Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Forum Home Options -> Hide Private Forums? -> No.

Note that then all forums will be shown. In MyBB 1.2 there will be a setting in the permission system to get that working. Wink
Quote:Note that then all forums will be shown. In MyBB 1.2 there will be a setting in the permission system to get that working. Wink

Yay!

Cause if I remember correctly, in phpbb it shows the forums you want to be shown to guests but when they click on it it takes them to the login page tellin them they must be logged in to view!