MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Time display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't find anything in a search that addresses my question specifically so this is it. Is there a way to have the time be displayed at the bottom of the forum and each forum page? I noticed it's displayed at the top right in the forum itself, but it isn't displayed anywhere in my admin cp.

What options, if any are there for moving the display location of the time in the forum, and secondly, making it appear in the admin cp?
{$lang->welcome_current_time}

Use the code above to add the current time display anywhere you want it for your forum in Templates & Styles -> Templates -> (your templates), for example to add the time at the bottom of the forum you should edit the footer template and include the code somewhere there.
Thanks I did it and it worked. I don't have it *exactly* where I want it but close enough. and I'm fiddling with it still and think i can get it where I want. I do have to figure out what the tags are for center justified. That should be easy though. Thanks.
That was easy too. Already figured that out. <center> </center> duh. Rolleyes
(2011-11-13, 05:32 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I did it and it worked. I don't have it *exactly* where I want it but close enough. and I'm fiddling with it still and think i can get it where I want. I do have to figure out what the tags are for center justified. That should be easy though. Thanks.
That was easy too. Already figured that out. <center> </center> duh. Rolleyes

Don't use <center> those are deprecated. Instead do something like:

<div class="center">my text</div> and add to css:

.center {
     margin: auto auto;
     text-align: center;
}
(2011-11-13, 05:55 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use <center> those are deprecated. Instead do something like:

<div class="center">my text</div> and add to css:

.center {
     margin: auto auto;
     text-align: center;
}

Where is the css?
I found it but there's a lot of choices.
^ that is to be added in the global.css of the active theme
admin panel --> themes --> click on current theme --> global.css --> Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode -->
add the required css code at the bottom & save it

Showing in the forum now, and in the user cp & mod cp, but not ACP. I see where user & mod cp's are inheritied from global, but acp unlisted. How to do that, create a new stylesheet for ACP?
^ admin control panel does not use templates system. hence the time variable is not visible in ACP

modifying ./admin/index.php OR ./admin/inc/class_page.php may be required to add current time in ACP
Sounds like a job for a computer wizard. ;^)

Thanks for these fixes they all worked.