MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove postbit_profile.gif
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm making a theme and I realize that postbit_profile.gif isn't used anywhere. It should just be removed. If it is used somewhere I'd like to know where.
Earlier thread doesn't explain about postbit_profile. I know the other two mentioned are indeed used.

I think profile_postbit is legacy from the memberlist but should be removed now as it's unused.
I needed to find the answer to this question and so I did a grep for "postbit_profile" in all files within the mybb installation.

Three matches:
  • ./showthread.php
    $templatelist = "showthread,postbit,postbit_author_user,postbit_author_guest,showthread_newthread,showthread_newreply,showthread_newreply_closed,postbit_sig,showthread_newpoll,postbit_avatar,postbit_profile,postbit_find,postbit_pm,postbit_www,postbit_email,postbit_edit,postbit_quote,postbit_report,postbit_signature, postbit_online,postbit_offline,postbit_away,postbit_gotopost,showthread_ratethread,showthread_inline_ratethread,showthread_moderationoptions";

• ./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php
    $l['postbit_profile'] = "View this users profile";

• ./inc/languages/englishgb/global.lang.php
    $l['postbit_profile'] = "View this users profile";

It is worth noting that the showthread.php list of templates is the complete list of postbit and showthread templates, however no such template "postbit_profile" exists.

In addition not one single file contains any reference to the actual image postbit_profile.gif.

Given the above evidence I think it is a safe conclusion that this image is redundant.
If I recall this was part of 1.1x and should imho be removed.
Hmm yes, this should be removed. Realized this many times while making a theme, good that you pointed out. As one can easily click username and go to profile, I don't think this function would be used again.