MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different sidebar on each page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have added a sidebar to my forum which i intend to use for a number of different things one being widgets/tickers. I am using a tabbed system but i want each tab to display different things inside their sidebars. At the moment whatever i put in the side bar will be the same for each tab across the index page, is it possible to have different things in the side bars on each tab???
I don't quite understand what you mean, can you describe a little bit more?

If I understand correctly, I don't think it's easily possible.
So i have different tabs

A, B, C, D, E

and i want each to have a different sidebar so tab A has sidebar A and tab B has sidebar B etc.

Is there a way i can code the sidebars so they only appear on the pages/tabs i want?
I don't think so. You'd have to talk to someone who knows more about jQuery than I do.
It would be possible, but we'd need to know a lot more about your exact setup since there are multiple ways to do the tabs and you haven't even provided us with a link.
I'm currently using the MyTabs plugin and i have added the side bar by editing the index template.

Here is a link Ultimate Sports Forum
I'm not familiar with MyTabs, so hopefully someone else can point you to what you need Wink
Thanks anyway, i'll see if i can figure it out then i'll post a solution if no one gets in first.