MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Forum Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello!

Which do you think is the best forum software with good SEO?
Any forum is good for SEO it's more on you.
Obviously, if your asking the MyBB community everyone is most likely to say MyBB. I didn't know it wasn't that obvious.
*hurp* vbulletin?
MyBB Wink Stick the Google SEO plugin on and you're set to go Smile
phpbb obviously.
Your answer is totally NOT going to be bias here. At all...
WWWThreads. Obvs.

Honestly, it has nothing to do with the software. IIRC Labrocca said most of his site is indexed with the basic URL Structure.
With Google SEO installed, I'd dare to say MyBB. I don't think others have something even comparable to it. Google SEO strictly follows Google's own recommendations. It covers URL rewriting, sitemap, meta tags, canonical redirects, 404 error pages, robots.txt. That alone puts MyBB in a pretty decent position.

The only thing left to consider is the semantic value of your HTML code. And I'll have to admit MyBB's is quite poor. We're still using tables for design, inline-styling, poor organization and we lack the new HTML5 semantic elements. Overall, our markup is old. And that's fully understandable because MyBB is old too. It would be too troublesome to update the markup. Just like we can't simply switch away from Prototype, which was once the most popular JavaScript popular. Surely enough this will all change in MyBB 2.0!

But ultimately semantics don't really matter. It all comes down to quality content and good practices in general. In fact, there's an interesting article about semantics on Smashing Magazine that has been generating a lot of buzz in the web design community. It's worth reading.
XenForo.
Pages: 1 2 3