MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sMTP does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have serious problems in sending mass mails via myBB. I have tried to do everything as it should but....

E-Mail-Adresse: [email protected]
smtp.schule-forum.net
Username: [email protected]
There is no ssl supported, so it is turned of.

The answer in the log I get is:

- The SMTP server does not support any of the AUTH methods that MyBB supports
- MyBB was unable to authenticate you against the SMTP server
- The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

I have no idea any more. This indicates the server has been found but it does not accept the login process.

I'would be very glad for any help,

best regards

Stephan
your webhost should resolve that ... OR may be its better to use Gmail for SMTP mail feature
Please correct your thread title, because "SNMP" is another type of protocol quite different than SMTP! Wink
I still have no solution and asked my provider for help. It might be a problem based on the port no., but I'm not sure yet. I will propably have to search for the effektive function and debug the session. Can somebody give me a hint where I can find it?

Well, and here are the error codes provided by myBB:
SMTP Code 250:The SMTP server does not support any of the AUTH methods that MyBB supports
SMTP Code 250:MyBB was unable to authenticate you against the SMTP server
SMTP Code 503:The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.