MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Entire Site Broken!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I go to visit any page of my site, whether that be the AdminCP or forum pages, I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/(myUsername)/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 19

A few lines before and after line 19 in my functions.php: (I pointed out where line19 is)

* Outputs a page directly to the browser, parsing anything which needs to be parsed.
 * @param string The contents of the page.
 */
function output_page($contents)
{
[LINE19]  global $db, $lang, $theme, $plugins, $mybb;
        global $debug, $templatecache, $templatelist, $maintimer, $globaltime, $parsetime;

$contents = parse_page($contents);
        $totaltime = $maintimer->stop();
whats your url
Could you fix the f**ktions.php, not much need for that.

Have you just activated a plugin or something similar?
Sorry, but I'd rather not post my URL unless it's completely neccessary, which I believe it's not, no disrespect. I have already posted what is appearing, a blank page with the parse error above.
I do not want google to index my URL and for it to come up in it's search results.
(2011-11-13, 06:16 PM)News Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I'd rather not post my URL unless it's completely neccessary, which I believe it's not, no disrespect. I have already posted what is appearing, a blank page with the parse error above.
I do not want google to index my URL and for it to come up in it's search results.

You can always remove the URL after you get help.
(2011-11-13, 06:15 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you fix the f**ktions.php, not much need for that.

Have you just activated a plugin or something similar?

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice that, haha. I went to my functions.PHP, and copied what I original had, my WORKING functions.PHP, then I saved it into a PHP file on my desktop, retaining the positions of all the lines, then, I placed the GoogleSEO functions.PHP file into my functions.php using my FileManager, then, when I saw it didn't work, I deleted the contents of my functions.PHP file and replaced it with the text of the orginal one on my desktop, then I get the parse error.
(2011-11-13, 06:18 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-13, 06:16 PM)News Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I'd rather not post my URL unless it's completely neccessary, which I believe it's not, no disrespect. I have already posted what is appearing, a blank page with the parse error above.

You can always remove the URL after you get help.
It would still appear in search results with google, then when someone clicks on this thread, they'll see that my URL isn't where it said it was in the page's description in the search results, it would say "URL Edited" or "Deleted" or whatever, google indexes this site pretty fast, so, sorry, but, no.
^ can you download a fresh pack of your myBB version AND re-upload functions.php to your server ...
(2011-11-13, 06:36 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ can you download a fresh pack of your myBB version AND re-upload functions.php to your server ...
I tried that, and then I another error... This is what it said:

[PHP]
Parse_Error (2)
Error in home/public/forum/awesome.php
[Returned with error code: "ranjani, I freakin' love u!"

THANKS! I did what you said before I came here for support, but I accidentally used the 1.6.4 version and currently I'm using 1.6.3Smile
Wait so are you still getting errors? awesome.php is not a default MyBB file... could you post the contents of that file here please?
(2011-11-14, 06:32 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Wait so are you still getting errors? awesome.php is not a default MyBB file... could you post the contents of that file here please?
Oh, haha xD, I was just kidding about that! I was using the error I got from earlier to thank the guy that helped me. Awesome.php was simply a way of saying "awesome" it worked! Lol
Pages: 1 2