MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging from XMB 1.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I've done some preliminary searching without success ... does Merge support migration from XMB?

I promise I'll turn the lights out when I leave. Wink
(2011-11-13, 09:18 PM)Roger R Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

I've done some preliminary searching without success ... does Merge support migration from XMB?

I promise I'll turn the lights out when I leave. Wink

Unfortunately support for XMB was dropped when we moved from 1.4 to 1.6 as it had 0 usage for quite some time. You can download the svn copy of the final 1.4 merge system and try using the XMB merger from it to merge to a 1.4.x MyBB and then upgrade to 1.6.x MyBB... however we cannot officially support that as the 1.4 Merge System has many known bugs (It was always a beta) and is no longer supported. You would also need to have a small amount of PHP knowledge so you could disable the version check in it.
(2011-11-13, 09:24 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]... the 1.4 Merge System has many known bugs (It was always a beta) and is no longer supported. You would also need to have a small amount of PHP knowledge so you could disable the version check in it.

Dylan,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Major bummer but that sounds iffy at best. My forum only has 12000 posts but that's too many to lose. And usually a "small amount of knowledge" ends up being a small amount more than I have!

I was hoping that given the history of MyBB there would be a path.
(2011-11-13, 09:49 PM)Roger R Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-13, 09:24 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]... the 1.4 Merge System has many known bugs (It was always a beta) and is no longer supported. You would also need to have a small amount of PHP knowledge so you could disable the version check in it.

Dylan,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Major bummer but that sounds iffy at best. My forum only has 12000 posts but that's too many to lose. And usually a "small amount of knowledge" ends up being a small amount more than I have!

I was hoping that given the history of MyBB there would be a path.

You can always convert to one of the supported softwares and then to MyBB.
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Merge_System

EDIT: Another option would be to take just the XMB files from the old merge system and try and use them with the new system. Just make a backup of your MyBB database before attempting this in case there are any problems.
(2011-11-13, 10:06 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You can always convert to one of the supported softwares and then to MyBB.
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Merge_System

EDIT: Another option would be to take just the XMB files from the old merge system and try and use them with the new system. Just make a backup of your MyBB database before attempting this in case there are any problems.

That would give me twice as many opportunities to screw it up ... Confused

If anyone here is interested in taking this on for me, PM me with your terms.
I could help you out with this. Just PM your ftp info to me (that should be all that i need)