MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rarely ever did I use the attachments feature until now on a new forum I made. I put in a limit of 2MB for normal users, but I thought that this 2MB was per post not a global upload space. Is there any way to change it so that the limit is per post and not global?
You cannot limit the space per post by default. You can only limit the space for all attachments uploaded by a user and for single attachments (Attachment Type Manager in your Admin-CP).
Rats Sad. Oh well, maybe there will be a mod someday.

Out of curiousity though, why did you guys do a global-upload limit and not a post limit (which is generally more common)?
I've never seen a post limit on forum software, always a global limit. Maybe it's just me but it seems to be more logical for webspace calculations:
You have X members and Y webspace, Y/X=Webspace Per User
Its easier to have a global method, seeing as you can't limit the number of posts people make, which means they have an unlimited attachment quota...
Global makes more sense for most people. If you have a limited webspace account, you can't let your users attach too much.