MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Error (44)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so since my web hosts went down I had to re upload all my back up to my new host but the problem is that I uploaded everything alright. The database has same passwords and everything but it still shows this error 44.
My forum : http://idealforums.net/index.php

Hope some one can help me Smile Thanks
Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team
I did have a look at the eeror messages but no help Sad
This is the error i get :
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.
Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Everything is uploaded fine but i dont get what it mean by sql extension.
In inc/config.php try changing db type to mqsqli if it is set to mysql or vice verse.
From the Wiki:
Quote:Information: This occurs when the database type is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['type']. A common issue is having 'mysql' instead of 'mysqli', or having 'mysqli' instead of 'mysql'. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
okay it worked! thank you crazy4cs & AJS .
really worked.
Thanks a bunch crazy4cs.
This helped me so much you don't even know. Making an account just to tell you thanks. God it's been 2 days me messing with settings, and all I had to do was look at that. I noticed it had the I at the end and im like. Hmm maybe I should try it without that I. But then I was like no it worked before. Ugh. Well this fixed it, thanks bunches!