MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm Sorry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all the times I've publicly (and privately) said that mybb theming sucked; for the times I've complained about having to work within little boxes:

I'm Sorry.

Yesterday I spent over two hours (probably closer to three) trying to get Simple Machines Forum centered with a fixed width. Hours. And Hours. And I got nowhere slowly.

Let me tell you, smf has some of the most confusing and convoluted coding for any theme I've seen. Templates within templates that make no sense.

It was a nightmare.

Whereas when I centered and 'fixed' my mybb template, it took about 15 minutes.

So I take everything bad I said back.

(And, no, I wasn't going to switch over to smf. I have a project that I really need the paid subscription feature on, and smf had a module.... and since I'd rather support open source projects, I gave it a try. But now I think it would be worth spending the $160 on ipb or vb so I don't have to mess with smf....)
Glad to see you have seen the error in your ways Toungue

Personally I find theming easy because I know CSS, but MyBB Theming makes things very simple for people who know no CSS at all as well.
I installed smf on one of my sites since there was no converter for IPB at the time. I don't like it, it's way behind in times if you ask me.
I have yet to try SMF, I'll probably end up trying it sometime.