MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extreme spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately I have been getting quite a bit of spam, I don't get how they are getting onto my forum as I have registration security question, Than I have recapcha installed too. I am getting about 20 or so spam threads a day, For the past like 3 days or so. They are about credit cards too. Them trying to sale stolen credit cards or something like that. I really don't want spam especially to this extreme. I really need some help. I can't be having this kind of spam on my site. Its not good at all.

Thanks.
(2011-11-15, 01:39 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Use CloudFlare.

Does that help fight spam? I never knew that. I will check it out further than. As I never knew they did that. Thanks
Do not allow non-registered users to post on forums. Also guest posting should be disabled.
(2011-11-15, 01:46 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]

Does that help fight spam? I never knew that. I will check it out further than. As I never knew they did that. Thanks

Yes, we should help cut quite a bit of the spam down. You can also use CloudFlare's threat control to help block the IPs of the spammers.
(2011-11-15, 04:19 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, we should help cut quite a bit of the spam down. You can also use CloudFlare's threat control to help block the IPs of the spammers.

Alright I will give it a try. Perhaps that will help.

Also non registered users cannot post. I have had it like that since day one.
(2011-11-15, 05:31 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-15, 04:19 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]

Alright I will give it a try. Perhaps that will help.

Also non registered users cannot post. I have had it like that since day one.

Great. Let me know if you have any question about CloudFlare. Some quick tips about CloudFlare and forums for you.
Use the registration security question:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question

CloudFlare has just made my CPU usage the worst... :/
There's no way CloudFlare could affect your CPU.
(2011-11-15, 11:14 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Use the registration security question:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question

CloudFlare has just made my CPU usage the worst... :/

We wouldn't be impacting this at all. What are you basing this on?

Pages: 1 2