MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: normal mode vs advanced mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when posting, i can't seem to find what these selections do.

i figured it maybe html enable vs disabled, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
This is one of the things I have no idea about as well.

I can tell you that it will not be the HTML thing, since that is set in the Admin CP, and cannot be changed by users...
You know this has bugged for the longest time. I though it was just me (Linux system). What is the diffrence?
It is for the toolbar buttons' behaviour:
  • Normal mode uses prompts to help you make use of the BBCode.
  • Advanced mode expects that you know what you're doing, and just inserts the tag for you, either inserting an opening, then closing tag if you haven't selected anything, or wraps your selection in the tag.

The exceptions are the list, image, link and email buttons, which always use "Normal" (prompts).
how this detete? I want delete Normal/advanced mode, how? I have myBB - 1.5
kosa Wrote:how this detete? I want delete Normal/advanced mode, how? I have myBB - 1.5

1.5? Really?
You do? Ohh! You're pretty lucky, not even I have 1.5! Toungue

About your question, I'm assuming that you mean 1.1.5, you can remove it from that templates if you wish.

ACP -> Templates -> Modity / Delete -> *Template Set* -> codebuttons
Find/Remove
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#F0F0F0" colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><input type="radio" name="mode" value="normal" onClick="changeMode('normal')"> $lang->normal_mode&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="mode" value="advanced" onClick="changeMode('advanced')"> $lang->advanced_mode</span></td>
</tr>

Be advised, this is most likely important, so remove at your own risk. Also, you're using an old version, I recommend you upgrade to 1.2.1 or at least 1.1.8.
yes, but when i do this, I don't use button: B, I, and all.
Come again?
What are you talking about? I understood him perfectly! Toungue
Pages: 1 2