MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge goes to blank page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I have used the merge system many times since 2008 and never had a problem with it. But now I have a problem.

I get to the database configuration page, enter all the details of the database I am meging from and then it goes to a blank page.
I have tried it with 2 different databases and the same problem, I know the database details are correct.
What could be causing this?
(2011-11-15, 12:36 PM)peepo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have used the merge system many times since 2008 and never had a problem with it. But now I have a problem.

I get to the database configuration page, enter all the details of the database I am meging from and then it goes to a blank page.
I have tried it with 2 different databases and the same problem, I know the database details are correct.
What could be causing this?

Selecting MySQLi when your db is actually plain MySQL is the only thing I know of that causes this.
Same issue here - I am merging 2 SMF boards into a myBB board. I've manage this in the past just fine, but this time around I got a couple of blanks on the first import... no problem, it was non-essential stuff.
Second import I get a blank on Usergroups... that one is kinda essential to the process here, I can't get any further without it.

And yes, running it as MySQL, not i. Both imports are coming from the same server, the same server I am building the new site on, so it's all localhost.

~C
(2011-11-17, 12:38 AM)Core618 Wrote: [ -> ]Same issue here - I am merging 2 SMF boards into a myBB board. I've manage this in the past just fine, but this time around I got a couple of blanks on the first import... no problem, it was non-essential stuff.
Second import I get a blank on Usergroups... that one is kinda essential to the process here, I can't get any further without it.

And yes, running it as MySQL, not i. Both imports are coming from the same server, the same server I am building the new site on, so it's all localhost.

~C

The MySQL vs. MySQLi is for the db config step only. For other steps its [Issue #1745], which is already fixed in the svn. Just implement the code yourself to get rolling again. (You can see the code change by clicking on the link under associated revisions)
Thanks, I was still searching.. this just happened to be the top thread when I got to the forums...
I figured that was the reason for the white screen on the first import, it just made sense... but this one it's the Usergroups, there are both users and groups so I was concerned...
I'll see if I can do this change myself, shouldn't be a big deal

~C
Okay, so I've removed the extra DIE statement. worked great for the Usergroups, then back to white screen on Users and Settings.
Either I need more caffeine, or some sleep... i think I'll go with the sleep and hash this out tomorrow.

~C
(2011-11-17, 12:54 AM)Core618 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I was still searching.. this just happened to be the top thread when I got to the forums...
I figured that was the reason for the white screen on the first import, it just made sense... but this one it's the Usergroups, there are both users and groups so I was concerned...
I'll see if I can do this change myself, shouldn't be a big deal

~C
Okay, so I've removed the extra DIE statement. worked great for the Usergroups, then back to white screen on Users and Settings.
Either I need more caffeine, or some sleep... i think I'll go with the sleep and hash this out tomorrow.

~C

Heh, in a whim, I put the
{
die;
}
back in the index, refreshed the page and ran the user import... ran fine that way.
Seems it needs to be there to run some, and out to run others... first time I have had this happen out of half a dozen conversions for people.

~Core
Thats very curious, it shouldn't need it for anything since it doesn't do anything unless there is nothing to import. And then it just dies. :/
Again more problems with the merge system.
Database config OK, but when I click to run usergroup element I get a blank page.
Please fix the merge system mybb this is ridiculous. I cannot skip this step as it is needed for me to proceed with the merge.
*SIGH*
(2011-12-03, 11:51 AM)peepo Wrote: [ -> ]Again more problems with the merge system.
Database config OK, but when I click to run usergroup element I get a blank page.
Please fix the merge system mybb this is ridiculous. I cannot skip this step as it is needed for me to proceed with the merge.
*SIGH*

Make sure you're choosing MySQL instead of MySQL Improved when you don't actually have MySQL Improved. Very few servers are really MySQLi capable.
Hi there i installed this on a clean inhouse centos 6.1 server but when i try to merge my smf 2 the same of the above happen, i get a blank screen when i ran the first conversion, usergroups.

And yes i have MySql and select MySql

Thank you in advance.
Pages: 1 2 3